Thursday 17 June 2010

Skywatch Friday Post




The Lake District, UK.


"Dear native brook! wild streamlet of the West!
How many various-fated years have passed...
Visions of childhood! oft have ye beguiled
Lone manhood`s cares, yet waking fondest sighs:
Ah! that once more I were a careless child!"
- To the River Otter, Samuel Taylor Coleridge

I love everyone's pictures, they're great!

This picture was taken while on a walk with my dad and my uncle - we meandered along a river and ended the day with cake! :-) The sky was so alive though, it was almost tactile the way it held its own in your vision, against the hills and the trees. (Does that make sense?)

[This picture is posted as part of the Skywatch Meme.]

5 comments:

  1. Yes, it does make sense. This is a great photo with a beautiful reflection. I love the snowcapped mountains also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is always appropriate to end a walk in the Lake District with cake - so very correct I would say and I have been on some walks in the Lake District - well motorbike adventures anyway! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that does make sense. I love the sky when it's alive. Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous. Great capture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous view! An awesome capture for skywatch...

    Recently I switched to a custom domain and have lost friends on google friend connect. Request you to re-join :-)

    Pixellicious Photos

    ReplyDelete